What is Analytics?
We apply data mining techniques and data analytics to solve a wide variety of problems. Our services range from implementation and on-going support of our featured product QlikView to contracted analysis tasks. Our objective is not in simple reporting but to maximize the value that client data has to offer. Our emphasis is Analytics.
What is Analytics?
Analytics is the application of computer technology, operations research, and statistics to solve problems in business and industry. Mathematics underpins the algorithms used in analytics - the science of analytics is concerned with extracting useful properties of data using computable functions and extracting properties from databases. Analytics provides a range of techniques and processes for the collection, classification, analysis and interpretation of data to reveal patterns, anomalies, key variables and relationships, leading ultimately to new insights and better answers faster. Common applications of analytics are:
- The study of business data using statistical analysis in order to discover and understand historical patterns with an eye to predicting and improving business performance in the future (predictive analysis).
- Law enforcement can review years of police reports and tips from the community to test hypotheses to discover or strengthen the case against suspects.
- The medical and pharmaceutical fields actively use analytics to provide clues as to who might get sick, and the types of diseases certain patients are susceptible to based upon empirical (evidence-based) data on which diseases tend to occur together, or attack a particular demographic.
- Insurance analysts attempt to predict catastrophic weather patterns so that they know to set higher premiums on high-risk areas.
- Substantiate and defend policy decisions with available data such as regulation of industrial emissions into the environment or districting of schools or political representation based upon demographic data.
(c) 2016 by Quinn Analytics LLC